Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy New Year - No More Resolutions!

Another year, another chance to get it right. We all say, "My resolutions for the new year are...". However, how many of us actually follow through with what we have planned. I have decided a long time ago that I am over making resolutions. What I have done is created a goal chart.
My goal chart list the things I plan to get accomplish in a reasonable time frame in priority order. I start with the things I need to accomplish within the next 6 months. Those are considered my short term goals. These can sometimes be just a simple list of smaller things we tend to overlook such as cleaning up or rearranging your workspace, balancing your checkbook or updating your business website. I normally choose to give myself a set of task to complete between the 1st and the 15th then a separate set for the 16th to the 30th (28th or 31st). As you complete each task, leave yourself a little note of how and when you completed the task.
Now, here is where it changes a bit. In the 3rd month, my task would be to double check the tasks for the 1st and 2nd month to assure they are complete and there are no necessary updates. When I set a set date to complete a task, I DO NOT beat myself up if I have not completed it before moving on to the next set of tasks. I leave myself a note and when the 3rd month comes around I review my notes and complete tasks I have yet to finish. How about that?!
Now, I challenge all of you to start today. Create a goal chart. We will start with short term goals. Start by making a list of things you tend to overlook but need to get done. Prioritize them and then break them done into 8 groups. The first group will go on your chart for January 15 through the 31st. Devote 2 hours everyday to this goal chart. Review what you have to do, Note what you have done so far, Plan your attack (how do you plan to complete this)!
Feel free to email me with any questions, comments and/or advice. I look forward to seeing all of you succeed. Let's make 2012 bigger and better than any year in our past. Never to0 late for change or too late to learn something new.
New Year Blessings to you and yours,
Danette

No comments:

Post a Comment