Saturday, March 10, 2012

Just Because...

I have once heard someone say, "Man proposes and God disposes." I must say I have never heard wiser words be spoken.

All week I have been beating myself up about the things I need to get done. Me, of all people, should know that it will get done when God sees it time to be done. I have planned to write a Coupon 101 - Beginner's Guide for all my friends and fans who are also looking to stretch their dollars. As much as I try, something keeps me away from the computer. I blamed it on my crazy work and school schedule but that wasn't it. I know because in the midst of all that I found time to do other things, like fix a home meal for my significant other and son, home-school my 15 year old, do laundry, go shopping and rest. I began to feel that maybe it just isn't my story to tell. Yet these words continue to ring in my ear. “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” So I began to ask myself, am I trying to share this information with people that want to learn, or am I trying to force people to change their ways? And there it was, I was begging people to listen to my coupon adventure and force feeding them knowledge they actually were never going to use.

My dilemma...

I need to learn how to allow people to stumble, fall and get back up and try again on their own. When, and only when, they asks for my assistance should I lend a hand. Lending a hand does not mean taking over and doing it myself. But holding their hand as they cross that road or motivate them through their transition.

Just because I have mastered, or at least come close, to certain lessons does not give me permission to take the opportunity from someone else to learn. To all my friends, fans and otherwise associates, please know that I will always be here to offer words of encouragement and share lessons but only if you are truly ready and willing to use this information/ support to move forward. Otherwise, it will be a waste for everyone involved.

Books & Blessings,

Danette Maroney

1 comment:

  1. Well said. Sometimes the best lesson and/or advice is that which we find on our own. Experience is a good teacher. Go thru it, learn from it and grow past it...Be Blessed.

    ReplyDelete